Donate to Berkshire HorseWorks
Berkshire HorseWorks is a 501(C)3 organization that relies on generous donations to provide life-changing services.
You can also mail us a donation at:
Berkshire HorseWorks, Inc.
P.O. Box 214
Great Barrington, MA 01230
How Donations are Used
Donations of all sizes are used to cover the many costs associated with caring for the horses and providing financial assistance to nonprofit organizations, at-risk youth, families, and veterans needing support who could not otherwise cover the expenses associated with equine therapy. See examples below for where your valued contributions go when you make a donation to Berkshire HorseWorks.
- Boarding for one horse for one year — $10,200
- Help a broken family address their challenges of abuse, trauma, and communication during full-day workshop of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy. — $2,250
- Send a local nonprofit business committed to staff development, for a half-day team building experience to focus on enhancing group dynamics, empathy, and effective communication. — $4,500
- Send one at-risk youth through an eight week treatment program of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy to help him/her in the battle against addiction, eating disorders, low self-esteem, or depression. –$3,200
- Send a group of 10 veterans through the eight week Horse Powered Veteran Program to help them cultivate social skills and resiliency and reintegrate into society in a healthy and productive way. — $12,000
- Send one veteran through the eight week Horse Powered Veteran Program in his/her struggle with PTSD, TBI, intimacy, anger management or other combat related issues. — $1,200
Tack Shop and Related
- Feed bucket — $15
- Salt lick and stand — $20
- Rope halter and lead rope — $60
- Bucket of grooming tools — $100
- Rain sheet — $125
- Lightweight sheet — $150
- Flysheet with hood — $200
- One veterinarian evaluation — $250
- Rent for one 90 minute session in a heated arena that facilitates focus and minimizes distraction — $150
- New saddle to ensure the therapy horse is conditioned and ready to work — $2,000-$5,000
- Full horse care for one year — $13,500
- Support our “survivor” retreats which include meditative hikes, yoga, and overall wellness activities.
- Restore our arena, an original Shaker barn, and build an addition for an insulated classroom.
- Adopt new horses, each to include an initial veterinary evaluation and farrier visit.